Friday, December 24, 2010

From All of Us to All of You, MERRY CHRISTMAS


Once again it's Christmas Eve, which is my favorite day of the year. This year we actually get the day off from work, so I thought I would let Mrs. Nutz sleep in while I take care of the dog and finish up this blog entry. Posting on Christmas Eve has apparently become somewhat of a tradition for me, but I won't complain.

Actually I started creating the header 2 nights ago, and was going to get this written and posted last night after we got home from work and errands, but Mrs. Nutz started playing Roller Coaster Tycoon after I got absorbed in saving the Kingdom of Hyrule, so both of us spent the evening in our computer/game room relaxing instead. Darn.

This has been an amazing year for both of us as we prepare to welcome a new squirrel to the Nutz House. Our daughter is set to be born sometime in March or early April. We've been hoping for an April 1 baby, so that she'll share her birthday with my Grandpa who will be 95 that day, but we're pretty sure that the birthdate is going to be in March.

Yes, I did gloss over a big piece of information. We did finally find out that we are going to have a little girl, and both of us are ecstatic about that. I originally intended to post about that earlier, but school, work, and sleep took priority. Besides, most of my readers are close friends and family (I do keep toying with the thought that some readers randomly run across this blog on Google and become fans that way, but I'm sure that is not the case.) Anyway, I figured that most people who read this blog already were told in person, and that really is the most important thing.

Our nursery is already painted, the crib and changing table are built, and everything seems to be on track for the arrival of our little one. We had heard horror stories about pregnancy, what with sickness and back pain and all. Mrs. Nutz has had back problems for years, and we were nervous that she would be put on bed-rest; however, this has been a surprisingly mild pregnancy. We're now getting to the point that we can feel our little one kicking, making this an amazing time for the two of us. It's crazy to think that next year by this time my daughter will already be moving around, and according to the baby books, trying to walk around.

This has been a most unusual Christmas season for us. All of our gifts have been wrapped for over a week, and everything is ready to go for the big day. Tonight we will be going to our annual Christmas Eve celebration with my family, and then will be spending the night at my parents house, so that we can be there for Christmas morning. I am excited, as we will be able to join in another family tradition that we have been absent for these past 4 years. After going to my Grandpa's house, we go to my folks house and watch White Christmas; however these last few years we have not stayed to watch the show, as we live 45 minutes away and would not want to be driving home so late. With us staying over this year we will be able to join in that tradition as well.

Well, I think it's time for me to wrap this entry up. We have stuff to do to get ready to go to my parents house tonight, and not much time to do it in. To all of our friends and family, thank you for everything you do. We love you and wish you a very Merry Christmas, and a happy 2011!

No comments: